Skip to main content

What the hell have I gotten myself into?!


I don't even know, fam




What can I expect from...
Living and Working in a Virtual World (TINST207AF17)? That first day of class was pretty interesting - humorous, actually. We talked much about technology and how it's been evolving and how it has an impact on our daily lives. The fact that society today relies heavily on it scares me. What scares me most about technology and our society using it and relying on it so heavily is that if what we have shuts down or becomes lost, where will we go?

Or what will we even do then?
And what's the possibility of technology taking over?
How much control do we have over it?

I just wonder how many of us will be able to survive on our own without it and I highly doubt that many of us will be able to live. People my age, or anyone in their 20s, and younger wouldn't stand a chance, I think. And if we do (or will), then okay - I'll be surprised.

I don't expect much from this class, except for it to be interactive and engaging. I am looking forward to learning more about technology and the internet, though. I look forward to learning more about us and this society - how we impact technology and becoming more evolved in usage. Furthermore, I look forward to learn how we can prevent any bad event from happening and how we can keep ourselves "safe" or even discuss the issue of safety.

I look forward to anything unexpected in our class discussion as well. I would love for our class to discuss a lot about any controversies and issues on safety and ethical implications of technology.

(And just to answer today's question brought up in class - if I were to pick one superpower, I would pick telekinesis. I think there's a lot to gain in reading people's minds.)

Word Count: 314

Comments

Post a Comment